Thursday, November 7, 2019

Sam Can Now be Found at Samable!

Hey all Geology Blues fans! 

    The last time I wrote on this blog I was in middle school (I had to double-check it was so long ago). Now I am here once more to shamelessly promote my new personal blog Samable. I made this blog this year to share all my adventures as a college student.

To catch everyone up on where life has taken me: 

    I am a student at Portland State University studying Health and Fitness. I chose this major after one year of being an architecture major. I enjoyed architecture and liked the creativity of designing, but I realized that my true passion was in recreation. Now I am working towards the goal of becoming a recreation program direction. If I achieve my perfect goal, it would be to develop more after school programs for teenagers. For the fall semester of my third year, I am actually taking a break from health classes and studying abroad at Hanyang University in Seoul, South Korea. The only class I am taking here is Korean. When I return to the United States I will jump right back into my courses and keep considering that I really want to return to South Korea for graduate school.
   Other fun events that have happened include my very interesting summer job in Minnesota on Lake of the Woods. I have spent the last two summers working as a Wilderness Canoe Guide for teenagers. This job has allowed me to combine my love for the outdoors with my passion for afterschool programs for teenagers. It has also left me with many stories and adventures to tell.

    I'm keeping this post short and sweet, but I hope a few of you will look at my new blog and follow my new adventures!



No comments: