Thursday, June 17, 2010

Top 10 Parks

I'll Play Lockwoods game, where he posted the 10 most visited and 10 least visited National Parks, bolding the ones you've visited and italicizing the ones you've never heard of.  Sam's at morning swim practice (in the rain) so I'll add the ones that she's been to in parenthesis:

Most visited:


10: Glacier
9: Acadia
8: Grand Teton (Sam was here when she was <1 year)
7: Cuyahoga Valley
6: Rocky Mountain
5: Olympic
4: Yellowstone (Sam was here @ age 8)
3: Yosemite 
2: Grand Canyon (When I lived in SLC, I set out to go here at least 7 times, each time I got distracted by one  of the other parks/wilderness areas in southern Utah)
1: Great Smokey Mountains (I do not remember if I have been here or not, if it was it was when I little)

Least Visited:
10: City of Rocks NR, Idaho (I drive by this all the time on trips to SLC, keep meaning to stop and climb...)
9: Cumberland Island NS, Georgia
8: Florissant Fossil Beds NM, Colorado
7: Chiricahua NM, Arizona
6: Tonto NM, Arizona
5: Dry Tortugas NP, Florida
4: Katmai NP & Preserve, Alaska
3: Kalaupapa NHP, Hawaii
2: Hagerman Fossil Beds NM, Idaho
1: Russel Cave NM, Alabama

No comments: