Saturday, August 28, 2010

Switzerland

I went to Switzerland to visit my Uncle and his family. While I was there we saw castles, mountains, and the Rhein Falls. Here are some pictures from my trip.

After we hiked up a mountain to have lunch, Grandpa and I rode down the mountain on these scooters!

This is a cow that I encounter on one of the mountains. So I got close enough that I was able to pet it, but before I got to pet it, the cow licked my hand and its tounge felt really weird!



This is a picture of a mountain with a lake in front of it. My Dad says that there is some cool geology of folding rock layers that can be seen


When we were hiking up a mountain to go down in a cable car we saw this sign which in Swiss German says "Kids must be on Leash" because it is steep. I though it was a good laugh.
This is the Matterhorn behind me. It was really cloudy that day so the most we saw was 2/3 of it.


Sam



5 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks like an amazing trip!

Ron Schott said...

Just found your blog via @lockwooddewitt. Subscribed!

Aiden McKenna said...

schön....alles gut
und nice pictures too

Aiden McKenna said...

no small scale phenomena?

Silver Fox said...

Love the sign! And great pic of the Matterhorn.

(Came over from Lockwood's place.)