Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Arches

For Spring Break I went to Utah, but I didn't just go anywhere, I went to Arches National Park for two nights and Goblin State Park for one night.

At Arches, we went on three hikes. The first hike was to Devil's Garden where we we saw several arches. One of the first two arches was called Tunnel Arch, but we didn't get a picture of that one. The second was Pine Tree Arch. We took a picture that made it look like I was holding it up, but acutally the arches was three or four times my height.

After Pine Tree Arch, we went to another part of Devil's Garden where we saw three Arches. The first was called Landscape Arch, it is the biggest Arch in the World! On the trail there was a sign that talked about a day when a piece of the arch fell and someone got a picture of it!



Then my Dad and I hiked up to Partition Arch and Navajo Arch. From Partition Arch you could look through a window to Landscape arch, but my favorite arch was Navajo.




On the way to Navajo Arch there were some wind pockets in the wall that you could hide in



No comments: